The Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and Music Director Manfred Honeck depart for a 14-concert European Tour across four countries on May 17 and will be joined by soloists Daniil Trifonov, Martin Grubinger, Anne-Sophie Mutter and Leonidas Kavakos!
The tour program features Tchaikovsky's Symphonies No. 4, 5 and 6; Beethoven's Coriolan Overture; Dvořák's Carnival Overture; Haydn's Symphony No. 93; Hartl's Percussion Concerto (with Grubinger); Liszt's Piano Concerto No. 1 and Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 (with Trifonov); Berg's Violin Concerto (with Kavakos); Dvořák's Violin Concerto (with Mutter); and Strauss's Elektra Symphonic Rhapsody — arranged by Manfred Honeck and Tomás Ille.
The concert at the Berlin Philharmonie on May 22 will be simulcast via satellite on the big screen at Heinz Hall at 2 p.m. EST. The program features Beethoven’s Coriolan Overture, Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 and Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 6, “Pathétique”. The concert will also be livestreamed on the Pittsburgh Symphony’s website. The Pittsburgh Symphony would like to thank and recognize Echo International and the German American Chamber of Commerce, Pittsburgh chapter, for their sponsorship of the Berlin live stream at Heinz Hall.
Tour Dates Include:
- May 20: at the Kuppelsall in Hannover, Germany, with percussionist Martin Grubinger
- May 21: at the Die Glocke in Bremen, Germany, with pianist Daniil Trifonov
- May 22: at the Philharmonie in Berlin, Germany, with Daniil Trifonov
- May 23: at the Albertinum Museum in Dresden, Germany, with Daniil Trifonov
- May 25: at the Alte Oper in Frankfurt, Germany, with Daniil Trifonov
- May 26: at the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria, with Martin Grubinger
- May 27: at the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria, with Daniil Trifonov
- May 28: at the Musikverein in Vienna, Austria, with violinist Leonidas Kavakos
- May 29: at the Festival House in Bregenz, Austria, with Daniil Trifonov
- May 31: at the Stadt-Casino in Basel, Switzerland, with Daniil Trifonov
- June 1: at the Bozar Center for Fine Arts in Brussels, Belgium, with Daniil Trifonov
- June 2: at the Liederhalle in Stuttgart, Germany, with Daniil Trifonov
- June 3: at the Philharmonie Am Gasteig in Munich, Germany with Daniil Trifonov
- June 4: at the Philharmonie Am Gasteig in Munich, Germany with violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter
Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 6, Op. 74
Dvořák: Rusalka Fantasy (arr. Honeck/Ille) Reference Recordings
Labels: Manfred Honeck, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, TchaikovskyDvorak, Tour Dates