Blues Revue calls Doin' What It Takes Tasteful and Refreshing

Blues Revue: The World's Blues Magazine rates Lloyd Jones' Fresh! From Reference Recordings release Doin' What It Takes a 9/10 and calls it a "Tasteful and Refreshing" recording. Read an excerpt here and find the full review on www.BluesRevue.com!

"I was turned on to this tasty disc back in January on Delbert McClinton‘s cruise by Delbert’s longtime sax player Don Wise, and have been patiently waiting for this one to come out. Now that I have my copy I can tell you that this is one of the freshest and unexpected surprises of the year for me, and it’s very funky too!

The opening “Bend in the River” jumps right at you with its churning guitar riffs, soulful B3, and Jones’ tantalizing vocals. “I’ll Be Right On Down” has more of a blues feel, with uptown soul tinges, that could turn up on the set list of New Orleans legend Big Luther Kent...

...

Hopefully Doin’ What It Takes will allow Lloyd Jones to attain the nationwide attention he deserves for putting this excellent project together. Last but not least, I suspect that Mr. Jones’ new CD will make it onto many 2012 “best of” lists too. I can tell you that it will likely be on my top ten, as Doin’ What It Takes is so neatly crafted and precisely conceived from beginning to end." — Bob Putignano, Blues Revue

Read the full review on BluesRevue.com!

Listen to "Bend in the River" on RRradio:


Purchase Doin' What It Takes from ReferenceRecordings.com Today!

Labels: , , ,