The following is an excerpt from an article found on ultraaudio.com from August 1.
XLO/Reference Recordings Test & Burn-in CD
It’s amazing how many of us fail to connect equipment properly. How many more do not read manufacturers’ instructions until a problem is encountered? For these and many other very sound technical reasons, the XLO/Reference Recordings Test & Burn-in CD (Reference RX-1000) should be an integral part of every audiophile’s gear.
There are many similar CDs in the marketplace, but I guarantee that anyone using this disc competently will achieve satisfactory results. I religiously play it at moderate levels in repeat mode every six months or thereabouts, when I’m away from home. After a few hours, the sonic results are always remarkable -- somewhat analogous to polishing and buffing a car after washing it.
The disc helps you do the following:
- Verify that your system’s left and right channels are properly wired for all input sources
- Ensure that your stereo system is properly balanced
- Ensure that your loudspeakers are wired in phase
- Tweak the placement of loudspeakers relative to your sweet spot
- Improve the acoustics of your listening environment, where necessary
- Demagnetize your entire system
- Burn in new components
- Enjoy nine music tracks from the Reference Recordings catalog recorded in HDCD format by engineering wizard Keith O. Johnson
Labels: audio set up, audiophile, audiophile recordings, HRx, reference recording, Reference Recordings, reference recordings hrx, reference records, speakers, ultra audio